5 Effective Ways To Repair Aircon Leaking
Table of Contents
If you are experiencing or have detected why your aircon is leaking water and now have decided to try repairing or fixing your home aircon leaking issue yourself, we have laid out some essential steps for your reference.
However, suppose issues persist, and you opt for professionals and the best aircon servicing company in Singapore, you may contact us to book an expert to help you resolve the issue. Mind you; we highly recommend and advise you to hire an expert because there are significant reasons to avoid DIY aircon repair.
Bearing that in mind, let’s look into your aircon leaking issues and hopefully, we can help you repair it! It is essential to clean and dust the coils, condensate drains, and the interior of an air conditioner that is leaking and dripping liquid to resolve the problem.
5 Effective Ways To Repair Aircon Leaking Issues:
Clean and Dusting Condensate Drain
Cool air is released from the condenser after the hot air has been removed. Water is then condensed from the hot air.
A condensate drain pan and a condensate pipe drain the water from the unit. There are several reasons why drain lines clog, including lack of regular maintenance, accumulation of dirt, and dust.
The following steps can be taken:
- Unplug and shut down the air conditioner to ensure your safety.
- To access the condensate drain pan, unscrew the access panel. Under the evaporating coils, the condensate drain is at saturation.
- Make sure the pan is not overflowing. This indicates a clogged drain channel. Take a piece of dry cloth and soak the pan in water.
Make sure the vacuum cleaner is wet. Then the drain clog will be removed. Starting from the endpoint of the drain opening outside the house is an excellent way to use the cleaning machine. In this way, you will be able to clean out all the debris, dirt, and mould in the drain. In addition, you will not send the dirt back down the drain.
Alternatively, a high-pressure suction pump may be used. Despite the fact that cleaning up the debris and dirt takes some time, it is worth the effort.
- Blowing the suction continuously for not less than one minute is recommended.
- Be sure to check the canister regularly for the dirt removal.
- Repeat the process until there are no debris or dust in the canister.
What you need to do next is:
- Fill the drain pipes with distilled vinegar solution.
- Wait one hour for the solution to remain in the pipes. In the drain pipes, any stubborn dust or rust will be removed.
Flush the drainpipe with clean water now. Put on your garden shoes and do this. The water needs to be flushed from the top of the pipe to ensure that the water will flow properly.
However, for the best results, it is still best to seek professional assistance. Using this method will reduce your stress and save you time.
Clean Exterior and Interior Coil
Condenser and evaporator coils make up the interior coils, and the exterior coils make up the evaporator coils. These coils can be cleaned using the following methods.
Follow these steps to clean this part:
- Unplug the appliance from the power source and turn it off.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the air conditioner’s front cover.
- Clean the air conditioner thoroughly. Brushes may also be helpful in this process.
- You can see that the aluminium fins in the evaporator coils are quite thin. They may bend when in use. Be careful when using them.
Air is blown out of this part in a specific direction from the aircon.
- With a screwdriver, remove the indoor chassis to access this part.
- Spray an appropriate solution on the parts that need cleaning. After spraying, leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then use warm water to rinse it thoroughly.
- After rinsing, allow all the water to drain away.
- Before you return it to its correct position, let it completely dry.
Aircon Condenser Coils Cleaning
The coils should be cleaned as follows:
- Unplug the aircon unit and disconnect it from power.
- It is necessary to remove the outer casing to access the coils and condenser coils.
- Disconnect anything that could pose a hindrance to accessing the condenser coils.
- After removing them, use a brush to remove dirt, grease, grime, and the like.
- Wash your coils with an effective cleanser.
- Wash the coils with water.
Professional Aircon Servicing & Repair
We have shared methods and techniques that often require a great deal of care and expertise. With that in mind, if you decide to hire a professional air conditioning service provider to repair your leaking air conditioner, be sure you choose a reputable service provider to get the proper care for your air conditioning system and prevent potential leaks. In Singapore, many service providers offer affordable packages and a wide range of services. Service quality and prices vary widely. If you want to maximize your return on investment, you should choose an expert who does the job best and meets all your requirements for efficiency, performance, and overall credibility.
Consider these tips when choosing a professional service to repair leaks and dripping issues in your air conditioner:
1. Take a look online
If your air conditioner leaks or drips water, you can contact a company to repair it. Access the Internet with a computer, smartphone, or other smart devices.
2. Make use of word-of-mouth
If your air conditioner leaks or drips water, friends, family members or colleagues might be able to provide quality advice on the services available in your area.
3. A face-to-face visit
- Check out multiple providers of the services. Based on this, you can assess quality, suitability, and budget.
- Hire an experienced and licensed company. Providing safe, authentic, and high-quality services at a competitive price is essential.
- If your air conditioner is leaking, find a repair service that can offer you an affordable quote.
How to take care of your air conditioner and home
The best thing to do when you realize your air conditioner is leaking is to take preventive measures like regular checking, maintenance, and replacing faulty parts. Troubleshooting and repairing your air conditioner can extend the lifespan of your air conditioner because it will save you from the inconvenience of water leaks and unnecessary expenses and ensure a longer lifespan for your air conditioner.